Friday 27 April 2012

Memory.

My memory is not very good, it has never been brilliant. I am a butterfly and flit about from one thing to another often having many unfinished projects on the go at any one time, so I understand why things struggle to put down roots. Also as I have mentioned before I live with my Mother in Law, who has many stories to tell, often without point and about people I don't know. These ramblings fill important spaces in my head leaving less room for the important stuff. My children worry me constantly and this also takes up lots of my thoughts and block out other things I am expected to remember!

One such worry at the moment is Small Boy B hating going to nursery, he goes to school in September and I am filled with dread, according to staff he is fine when I leave but he hates the parting. He should by rights be comfortable there he has been going since he was a year old.

So in an effort to put a positive spin on nursery I started a little game in the car on the way to swimming last week. I would tell them something I liked about work and they in turn would tell me something they liked about nursery, the person who could think of most things was the winner, Small Boy B entered into the spirit of it and Small Boy T being the younger and quieter of the two didn't really get a word in edge ways.

This week feeling a bit rubbish we played my favorite in car game, simply called "Quiet" the idea of the game is you say nothing. The winner is the one who stays silent the longest, it's a great game, feel free to steal it. As we passed the exact place in our journey where we had played last weeks "Things I like game" Small Boy T shouted at the top of his voice "I like Mummy, I like Swimming, I like bouncy balls" Now that is a good memory!.............but not a good way to win "Quiet"

Incidentally Small Boy B still threw a proper wobbly when I left him at nursery this week *sigh*

2 comments:

  1. My kids fail miserably at that quiet game :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Practice makes perfect, and turning up the radio helps too :)

    ReplyDelete