Monday 25 August 2014

Change is coming.

Several things have prompted me to want to make some changes around here. The changes will I hope be radical.
Firstly bed time needs some serious work, sometimes it is gone 10pm before all three are asleep this is just crazy and not good for them or me. I love to cook but I have fallen into a cycle of using the easy option and good home cooking has taken a back seat. The children have hours and hours of my time but little real quality time with me. I want to change these things!! The children are not so sure, they like things the way they are!! They like sausages, fish finges, fruit corners, cadburys fingers, froobs and white bread, they really like white bread. They like the T.V too, Smallboy2 really likes the t.v. Luckily Smallboy3 is too young to care, he likes boobs, but at 4 and 6 I fear I may face some resistance from the older two.

I think if I try and change to much at once there will be a riot and I will fail, we will fail. So softly, softly, catchy monkey and hopefully by Christmas I will have made the changes, cleaned up our diets and our lives, lost some of the junk food and filled some of the lost hours. Please wish me luck!!

Week 1: Starts today bank holiday Monday 25/08/2014
Sleep: Children to be in bed by 7.30.. lights out by 8.30.
Diet: Byebye Hovis white. Hello Best of both a small change, but in the right direction (and yes they did notice the difference.)
Water: I will be trying to fight my tea addiction by starting each day with a mug of hot water and lemon slices.
Activity: at least 4 active and 3 non active sessions of family time this week. I work 2 days so it may be that we have to do 2 some days. I hope that they will also all get a one on one with me too.

In addition I have ordered them one of these each http://www.amazon.co.uk/Unicol-Bottles-School-Lunchbox-Dinner/dp/B00EAQC29M/ref=pd_ybh_1 which I am going to fill with mineral water and keep in the fridge to try and help Smallboy2's apple juice habit.

But most exciting of all I have one of these on it's way http://www.buynutribullet.co.uk/nutri-bullet-microsite.html?gclid=CKC1zfTSrsACFc7HtAodygQAHg so later in the week we will be shopping for lots fruit and veg and trying it out!!

and finally in bee news I will be off to the health food shop for honey from our local Quinces Honey Farm as an alternative to sugar.





No comments:

Post a Comment