Monday 22 September 2014

Progress!

Argh sorry have not up dated in what seems like forever. Just after my last post I came down with some vile plague and food was the furthest thing from my mind and anything that even resembled a smoothy made me want to sell the nutibullet on ebay and post it outta here 1st class. However it wasn't the end, Smallboy2 has now started school which has given me a little more time and we have worked our way through all the fish fingers and burgers we had in the freezer and I now have tupperware tubs filled with home made burgers, chicken strips, cod bites and meatballs in their place, the meatballs have been sampled and were a hit :) The rest will be hitting the plates in the next couple of weeks.

Baking is going okay, I have had all sorts of cookie and muffin flavour combos going on. I also tried my hand at cheese scones and lemon drizzle, the scones were awesome, the drizzle was a bit sad :( but in the absence of Kitkats and Jaffa cakes was still devoured.

Bedtime is the bomb nowadays if they are not asleep by 8 I get a bit disappointed, less than 6 weeks ago these kids were still tearing up and down the stairs at gone 10!!

Family time is top priority this week, time to get that nailed!

I will also be giving pasta sauce a whirl, tomato and basil and pesto.....as always wish me luck!

I'll leave you with my favourite cookie recipe, oh my word the chilled dough is so good it is tough leaving any for the oven. Jamie Oliver recipe pimped by me :)


Chocolate and Coconut cookies :)

45g plain flour
45g wholemeal plain flour
10g cocoa powder
125g butter
100g golden caster sugar
1 large egg
25g milled flaxseed (optional)
25g porridge oats
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
50g milk cooking chocolate
25g coconut

Allow butter to soften at room temperature. Put in a bowl with sugar and beat with an electric whisk till you get a thick, creamy consistency. Add egg, beat in. Sieve in flour and then add all the other ingredients. Mix until smooth.

Spoon onto a piece of clingfilm  and roll into a sausage shape about 7cm in diameter. Pop dough in freezer for 30 mins. You can now leave it in the freezer for as long as you like, then take it out leave it t room temperature for about 30 mins. Slice into 1cm thick pieces and pop on a nonstick baking sheet and cook at 190oc/375of or gas mark 5 for 8-10 mins a little longer if you like them crispy.

Oh yeah and......I lost 4lb :)



No comments:

Post a Comment